面试英语情景对话.doc
.*面试英语情景对话1. Why are you interested in working for our company?为什么有兴趣在我们公司工作?Because your company has a good sales record.因为你们公司有良好的销售记录 。Because your operations are global, so I feel I can gain the most from working in this kind of environment.因为你们公司的运作是全球化的,我觉得可以在这样一个环境中工作会有最大的收获。Because I think my major is suitable for this position.因为我认为我的专业适合这个职位。Because I can learn new things in your company, at the same time I can offer my services to you.因为我可以在贵公司学到新的东西, 同时能为你们提供服务。Because Im very interested in your companys training program.因为我对你们公司的培训计划很感兴趣。2. Why did you leave your former company?为什么离开以前的公司?Because Im working in a small company where a further promotion is impossible.因为我在一家小公司工作,升职的希望很小。Because Im capable of more responsibilities, so I decided to change my job.因为我有能力担负起更多的责任,所以决定换工作。Because that company didnt have a good future, so I needed to consider my future.因为那家公司没有什么前途,所以我必需考虑我的未来。Because I want to change my working environment, Id like to find a job which is more challenging.因为我想改变工作环境,找一个更富有挑战性的工作。Because I had some private reasons, some family things.因为我有一些私人的原因,家里有些事情。3. What are your great strengths?你有什么优点?Im a good team player.我是一个富有团队精神的人。Im a hard-working, persistent person.我工作刻苦,性情执着。Im a fast-learner.我学东西很快。I can work under pressure and get along with my colleagues.我能在压力下工作,并能与同事和谐相处。I have strong organizational skills.我的组织能力很强。4.In what specific ways will our company benefit from hiring you?我公司雇用你有什么好处?I think that my technical background is helpful for you.我觉得我的技术背景对你们有用。I have enough knowledge to market the products of your company.我有足够的知识推广贵公司的产品。Im very familiar with this market and have many customers. I think your company will benefit from it.我对这个市场非常熟悉并有许多客户,我认为贵公司能从中获益。Your company will benefit from gaining a young energetic, bright, person.贵公司能通过雇用一个充满活力、聪明的年轻人获益。I know I am the right person for this job.我知道我是最适合这个工作的。5.What are your salary expectations?你对薪水有什么要求?I would expect the standard rate of pay at your company for a person with my experiences and educational background.我希望是贵公司对一个具有我这种经验和教育背景的人所付的标准薪资。Shall we discuss my responsibilities with your company first? I think salary is closely related to the responsibilities of the job.我们能不能谈一谈我在贵公司需要承担的责任?我觉得工资应该与工作的责任紧密相关的。I hope youll consider my experience and training and will offer me a salary higher than the junior secretarys salary.我希望你们能考虑我的经验及受过的培训,给我定一份高于初级秘书的工资。I expect to be paid according to my abilities.我希望能根据我的能力支付薪资。With my experiences, Id like to start at RMB4000 a month.以我的经验,我希望起薪是4000元人民币。情景对话 1A: Tell me a little bit about yourself.请介绍一下你自己。B: My name is David and I live in Shanghai, I was born in 1980. My major was electrical engineering.我叫David, 住在上海,出身于1980年。我的专业是电子工程。A: What kind of personality do you think you have?你认为你有怎样的性格?B: Well, I approach things very enthusiastically, I think, and I dont like to leave things half-done.Im very organized and extremely capable.嗯,我做事非常热心,我不喜欢把事情做一半。我非常有组织能力,也很能干。A: What would you say are your weaknesses and strengths?你的弱点和优点是什么?B: Well, Im afraid Im a poor speaker, however Im fully aware of this, so Ive been studying how to speak in public. I suppose my strengths are Im persistent and a fast-learner.嗯,我不太擅长说话,我已经意识到这点,因此正在学习如何在公众场所说话。我想我的优点是很执着,而且学东西很快。A: Do you have any licenses or certificates?你有执照或资格证书吗?B: I have a drivers license, and I am a CPA (Certified Public Accountant).我有驾驶执照,我是注册会计师。A: How do you relate to others?你和别人相处如何?B: Im very co-operative and have good teamwork spirit.我能与人合作,富有团队精神。情景会话 2 A: I see by your resume that you have been working? 从你的简历可以看出你一直在工作。B: Yes, I have worked for two years with an American Company. 是的,我在一家美国公司工作过2年。A: Tell me what you know about our company please. 请告诉我对于本公司你知道些什么?: Well, the company was founded in New York in 1950 by Mark Ward, who was the first president. It has 1 billion dollars in capital; it employs 5,000 people, and it is the largest company in its field in the States. 好的,1950年Mark Ward,公司首任董事长在纽约创立公司。资本额为10亿美金,有5,000雇员, 是美国同行业中最大的企业。A: What do you know about our major products and our share of the market? 关于本公司的产品和市场份额你知道些什么?B: Your companys products are mostly marketed in Europe and the United States, but particularly has sold very well here in China. So I think in the future youll find China to be a profitable market as well. 贵公司的产品主要在欧洲、美国市场销售,但是在中国市场的销路非常好,所以我想你会发现中国也是一个容易赚钱的市场。A: What made you decide to change your job? 你为什么决定换工作?B: I would like to get a job in which I can further develop my career. 我想找一个工作进一步发展自己的事业。A: May I ask you why you left the former company? 可以问一下你为什么离开以前的公司?B: Because I want to change my working environment and seek new challenges. 因为我想换一下工作环境,迎接新的挑战。情景会话 3 A: What is your working experience? 你的工作经历是怎样的?B: I have worked for IBM for 3 years. 我在IBM工作过3年。A: How will your experiences benefit this company? 你的经历对公司有什么好处?B: I know the marketing from top to bottom and. I can develop a new market for you. That will increase your profit margin and keep the shareholders satisfied.我是对市场营销非常熟悉。我能为贵公司开发新的市场,这会增加贵公司的利润, 让股东们感到满意。A: Are you aware of the aspects of this position and do you feel you are qualified? 你对这个职位了解吗,你认为自己合格吗?B: Yes, I understand my qualification and your needs by researching your company. 是的,通过对你们公司的研究,我理解你们的要求,并认为我对这能胜任这个岗位。A: If you enter this company, what section would you like to work in? 如果能进公司,你想在哪个部门工作?B: If possible. Id like to be positioned in International Trade Department. 可能的话,我想在国际部工作。A: What starting salary do you expect? 你想要多少起薪?B: Id like to start at ¥5000 a month. 我想要每月5000元。情景会话 4 A: How long does it take to get here from your home? 从你家到公司要花多少时间。B: It takes about 40 minutes. 大约40分钟。A: Do you have any particular conditions that you would like the company to take into consideration? 你有需要公司特别考虑的事情吗?B: Yes, do you have allowance for transportation as well a housing packages, medical insurance, unemployment insurance and annuity. 是的,你们有交通补贴、公积金、医疗保险、失业保险及养老金吗?What are your performance incentives and the bonus structure? 你们的奖励、奖金系统是怎样的?A: How can we get in touch with you? 怎样有跟你联系?B: You can reach me at 62547833. 你可以打电话给我,号码是62547833。A: How can I contact you when we reach our decision? 我们决定后如何跟你联系?B: You can call me at this number between 4 and 6 in the afternoon. 你可以在下午4点到6点之间用这个号码打电话给我。A: Do you have any questions you would like to ask me? 还有问题要问吗?B: What are the companys working hours? 公司的上下班时间是怎样的?Would I have to work overtime very often? 是否要经常加班?Would there be any opportunities to work abroad in the future? 将来有机会到国外工作吗?Dialogue 1A: Could you do me a favor and proofread my resume before I send it out to the human recources department?A: 我把简历寄给人力资源部之前,你能帮忙校对一下吗?B: Sure, let me take a look. Personal Information, Education, Experience, Training. I think you should add another section for language. You speak three languages, so you might as well put that on your resume.B:当然可以, 让我看看个人信息、教育、经历、培训我认为你应该把这一项再加上。你会讲三种语言,所以最好把这些写进简历。A: But languages dont have anything to do with engineering. Shouldnt everything I put on my resume have something to do with my field?A: 可是语言与工程技术没什么关系。我写进简历的东西不一定都与我的研究领域相关吧?B: Not necessarily. I think people would be impressed by your language abilities. It says something about your level of intellect and experience. Also, I think human resources directors want to see more of a well-rounded person in a resume.B: 不一定。我想人们会对你的语言能力留下深刻的印象。这能说明你的智商水平和经历。而且,我认为人力资源部门的领导希望从简历中更多地了解一下一个更全面发展的人才。A: Its just a piece of paper, you think that they can tell if I am a well-rounded person by looking at it?A: 这只不过是一张纸,你认为他们看一下就能知道我是个全面发展的人才吗?B: Well, youre right, the resume is limited in how much it can tell someone about a person. Thats why job interviews are important to let people know the real you that they cant see from a piece of paper. But resumes can be helpful in explaining things and giving a good impression to a potential employer.B: 好了,你说的对,简历在说明一个人有多大能力方面确实是有限的。这也是为什么求职面试那么重要,它能让人们了解真实的你,这是他们从纸上无法看出来的。可是简历在说明一些情况方面还是有帮助的,而且能给你未来的老板留下良好印象。Dialogue 2A: Lets review the CVs we received last week for our vacancy in the financial department. What have you got?A: 我们来看一下我们上个星期收到的应聘财务部门空职的履历。你们有什么收获?B: Take a look at this one. Experience, three years in accounting for a large marketing firm, before that she worked entry level in banking management. Looks pretty impressive. What do you think?B: 看一下这份简历经历方面:在一家大的销售公司做过三年的会计,此前在银行管理部门做过初级职位。看起来很不错。你们怎么看?A: Her education background is also quite outstanding. She graduated with her Bachelors degree from Harvard in Finance, later got a masters degree from Stanford. Looking just at that, Id say shes qualified.A:她的教育背景也相当不错。她本科毕业于哈佛大学的金融专业,获得学士学位,后来在斯坦福大学获得硕士学位。仅仅看这一项,我就认为她是合格入选。B: Maybe a little overqualified. She might have higher salary expectations. Also, she hasnt listed any personal information. We dont know her marital status, whether or not she has children. Why, she didnt even put her birth date on the CV! No picture either.B: 也许她的资历有点儿太高了说不定她对工资的期望也会很高。而且她也没有列出任何个人信息。我们不清楚她的婚姻状况,也不知道她是否有孩子。哎呀,她连出生日期也没写在履历上!也没有照片A: Oh, didnt you know? Shes an American. Generally Americans will not put those types of personal statistics on their CVs. Thats the difference between a CV and a resume.A: 奥,你不知道吗?她是个美国人。一般来说,美国人不愿把这些个人数据写在履历上。这是履历和简历的区别。B: Why dont they put those vital statistics on their resumes?B: 他们为什么不把这些重要的数据写进自己的履历?A: Because America has many laws to ensure equality and prevent discrimination, Americans are not required or even expected to put information of such a personal nature on their resumes. The purpose is to prevent discrimination in hiring based on age, gender, or marital status.A: 因为美国有很多确保平等、防止歧视的法律,所以美国人不要求或者甚至不期望应聘者把这样的个人信息写进简历。其目的是防止在招聘时出现歧视年龄、性别或婚姻状况的情况。B: Oh, I didnt know that.B: 奥,我不知道这些。A: An American employer would never even ask for a photo on a resume.A: 美国的老板也永远不会要求简历上的照片: Tell me about yourself.A: I was born and raised in Beijing. I attended Peking University and received my bachelor抯 degree in Economics. I have worked for 2 years as a financial consultant in Beijing for China Pacific Insurance Co. Ltd. I enjoy playing tennis in my free time and learning foreign languages.I: What type of position are you looking for?A: I抦 looking for a position in which I can utilize my experience.I: Are you interested in a full-time or part-time position? A: I am more interested in a full-time position. However, I would also consider a part-time position. I: Can you tell me about your responsibilities at your last job?A: I advised customers on financial matters. After I consulted the customer, I completed a customer inquiry form and catalogued the information in our database. I then collaborated with colleagues to prepare the best possible package for the client. The clients were then presented with a summarized report on their financial activities that I formulated on a quarterly basis.I: What is your greatest strength?A: I am an excellent communicator. People trust me and come to me for advice. One afternoon, my colleague was involved with a troublesome customer who felt he was not being served well. I made the customer a cup of coffee and invited both my colleague and the client to my desk where we solved the problem together.I: What is your greatest weakness?A: I tend to spend too much time making sure the customer is satisfied. However, I began setting time-limits for myself. I: Why do you want to work for our company?A: After following your firm抯 progress for the last 3 years, I am convinced that your company is becoming one of the market leaders and I would like to be a part of that team.I: When can you begin?A: Immediately.IDialogue 2I: Please tell me something about your insurance background.A: I majored in international banking at college so I took many insurance courses. And I worked at an insurance company for my graduation field work.I: Why do you want to be an insurance agent?A: I care about people and I know the importance of insurance.I: Do you have any work experience in promotion? A: Yes, I do. I have worked as a salesman for P&G Company Ltd.I: Do people respond well to you? A: Yes, I抦 good with people.A: 有,我在宝洁公司做过促销员。I: 别人对你的评价好吗?A: 我和大家相处很好。consulant 顾问,咨询者 utilize 利用catalogue 按目录分类 package 一揽子交易troublesome 棘手的,麻烦的 promotion 促销 主要的保险品种有:automobile insurance(汽车保险)、life insurance(人寿保险)、health insurance(健康保险)、business insurance(商业保险)和travel insurance(旅游保险)。1) I have worked for 2 years as a financial consultant for China Pacific Insurance Co. Ltd. Ping An Insurance Company of China The People抯 Insurance Company of China 我为 中国太平洋保险公司 作了两年的金融顾问。 中国平安保险公司 中国人民保险公司E:What kind of work experience do you have?你有什么样的工作经历?A:After graduation.I have been working at the Personnel Department of DDD company.我毕业后就在DDD公司的人事部工作。E:As a telecommunication apparatus company DDD Company is very different from our trade company.DDD公司是一家电讯器材公司,与我们公司的贸易公司有很大区别。A:But I deal with people there,the same as what I should do here.但是在那里我是分管人事工作的,这一点与我将在这里工作一样。E:You are right.Why are you interested in working in personnel department?你是对的,你为什么喜欢在人事工作?A:I am good with people and have excellent communication skills.我很受人欢迎并且有很出色的交际能力。E:Do you consider it a rewarding job?你认为这是一项很有意义的工作吗?A:Very much so.我认为它非常有意义
收藏
- 资源描述:
-
.*
面试英语情景对话
1. Why are you interested in working for our company?
为什么有兴趣在我们公司工作?
Because your company has a good sales record.
因为你们公司有良好的销售记录 。
Because your operations are global, so I feel I can gain the most from working in this kind of environment.
因为你们公司的运作是全球化的,我觉得可以在这样一个环境中工作会有最大的收获。
Because I think my major is suitable for this position.
因为我认为我的专业适合这个职位。
Because I can learn new things in your company, at the same time I can offer my services to you.
因为我可以在贵公司学到新的东西, 同时能为你们提供服务。
Because Im very interested in your companys training program.
因为我对你们公司的培训计划很感兴趣。
2. Why did you leave your former company?
为什么离开以前的公司?
Because Im working in a small company where a further promotion is impossible.
因为我在一家小公司工作,升职的希望很小。
Because Im capable of more responsibilities, so I decided to change my job.因为我有能力担负起更多的责任,所以决定换工作。
Because that company didnt have a good future, so I needed to consider my future.
因为那家公司没有什么前途,所以我必需考虑我的未来。
Because I want to change my working environment, Id like to find a job which is more challenging.
因为我想改变工作环境,找一个更富有挑战性的工作。
Because I had some private reasons, some family things.因为我有一些私人的原因,家里有些事情。
3. What are your great strengths?
你有什么优点?
Im a good team player.
我是一个富有团队精神的人。
Im a hard-working, persistent person.
我工作刻苦,性情执着。
Im a fast-learner.
我学东西很快。
I can work under pressure and get along with my colleagues.
我能在压力下工作,并能与同事和谐相处。
I have strong organizational skills.我的组织能力很强。
4.In what specific ways will our company benefit from hiring you?
我公司雇用你有什么好处?
I think that my technical background is helpful for you.
我觉得我的技术背景对你们有用。
I have enough knowledge to market the products of your company.我有足够的知识推广贵公司的产品。
Im very familiar with this market and have many customers. I think your company will benefit from it.
我对这个市场非常熟悉并有许多客户,我认为贵公司能从中获益。
Your company will benefit from gaining a young energetic, bright, person.
贵公司能通过雇用一个充满活力、聪明的年轻人获益。
I know I am the right person for this job.
我知道我是最适合这个工作的。
5.What are your salary expectations?
你对薪水有什么要求?
I would expect the standard rate of pay at your company for a person with my experiences and educational background.我希望是贵公司对一个具有我这种经验和教育背景的人所付的标准薪资。
Shall we discuss my responsibilities with your company first? I think salary is closely related to the responsibilities of the job.我们能不能谈一谈我在贵公司需要承担的责任?我觉得工资应该与工作的责任紧密相关的。I hope youll consider my experience and training and will offer me a salary higher than the junior secretarys salary.我希望你们能考虑我的经验及受过的培训,给我定一份高于初级秘书的工资。
I expect to be paid according to my abilities.我希望能根据我的能力支付薪资。W
ith my experiences, Id like to start at RMB4000 a month.以我的经验,我希望起薪是4000元人民币。
情景对话
1A: Tell me a little bit about yourself.请介绍一下你自己。
B: My name is David and I live in Shanghai, I was born in 1980. My major was electrical engineering.我叫David, 住在上海,出身于1980年。我的专业是电子工程。
A: What kind of personality do you think you have?你认为你有怎样的性格?
B: Well, I approach things very enthusiastically, I think, and I dont like to leave things half-done.Im very organized and extremely capable.嗯,我做事非常热心,我不喜欢把事情做一半。我非常有组织能力,也很能干。
A: What would you say are your weaknesses and strengths?你的弱点和优点是什么?
B: Well, Im afraid Im a poor speaker, however Im fully aware of this, so Ive been studying how to speak in public. I suppose my strengths are Im persistent and a fast-learner.嗯,我不太擅长说话,我已经意识到这点,因此正在学习如何在公众场所说话。我想我的优点是很执着,而且学东西很快。
A: Do you have any licenses or certificates?你有执照或资格证书吗?
B: I have a drivers license, and I am a CPA (Certified Public Accountant).我有驾驶执照,我是注册会计师。
A: How do you relate to others?你和别人相处如何?
B: Im very co-operative and have good teamwork spirit.我能与人合作,富有团队精神。情景会话
2
A: I see by your resume that you have been working? 从你的简历可以看出你一直在工作。B: Yes, I have worked for two years with an American Company. 是的,我在一家美国公司工作过2年。
A: Tell me what you know about our company please. 请告诉我对于本公司你知道些什么?
: Well, the company was founded in New York in 1950 by Mark Ward, who was the first president. It has 1 billion dollars in capital; it employs 5,000 people, and it is the largest company in its field in the States. 好的,1950年Mark Ward,公司首任董事长在纽约创立公司。资本额为10亿美金,有5,000雇员, 是美国同行业中最大的企业。
A: What do you know about our major products and our share of the market? 关于本公司的产品和市场份额你知道些什么?
B: Your companys products are mostly marketed in Europe and the United States, but particularly has sold very well here in China. So I think in the future youll find China to be a profitable market as well. 贵公司的产品主要在欧洲、美国市场销售,但是在中国市场的销路非常好,所以我想你会发现中国也是一个容易赚钱的市场。
A: What made you decide to change your job? 你为什么决定换工作?
B: I would like to get a job in which I can further develop my career. 我想找一个工作进一步发展自己的事业。
A: May I ask you why you left the former company? 可以问一下你为什么离开以前的公司?
B: Because I want to change my working environment and seek new challenges. 因为我想换一下工作环境,迎接新的挑战。情景会话
3
A: What is your working experience? 你的工作经历是怎样的?
B: I have worked for IBM for 3 years. 我在IBM工作过3年。
A: How will your experiences benefit this company? 你的经历对公司有什么好处?
B: I know the marketing from top to bottom and. I can develop a new market for you. That will increase your profit margin and keep the shareholders satisfied.我是对市场营销非常熟悉。我能为贵公司开发新的市场,这会增加贵公司的利润, 让股东们感到满意。
A: Are you aware of the aspects of this position and do you feel you are qualified? 你对这个职位了解吗,你认为自己合格吗?
B: Yes, I understand my qualification and your needs by researching your company. 是的,通过对你们公司的研究,我理解你们的要求,并认为我对这能胜任这个岗位。
A: If you enter this company, what section would you like to work in? 如果能进公司,你想在哪个部门工作?
B: If possible. Id like to be positioned in International Trade Department. 可能的话,我想在国际部工作。
A: What starting salary do you expect? 你想要多少起薪?
B: Id like to start at ¥5000 a month. 我想要每月5000元。
情景会话 4
A: How long does it take to get here from your home? 从你家到公司要花多少时间。
B: It takes about 40 minutes. 大约40分钟。A: Do you have any particular conditions that you would like the company to take into consideration? 你有需要公司特别考虑的事情吗?
B: Yes, do you have allowance for transportation as well a housing packages, medical insurance, unemployment insurance and annuity. 是的,你们有交通补贴、公积金、医疗保险、失业保险及养老金吗?What are your performance incentives and the bonus structure? 你们的奖励、奖金系统是怎样的?A: How can we get in touch with you? 怎样有跟你联系?
B: You can reach me at 62547833. 你可以打电话给我,号码是62547833。
A: How can I contact you when we reach our decision? 我们决定后如何跟你联系?
B: You can call me at this number between 4 and 6 in the afternoon. 你可以在下午4点到6点之间用这个号码打电话给我。
A: Do you have any questions you would like to ask me? 还有问题要问吗?
B: What are the companys working hours? 公司的上下班时间是怎样的?Would I have to work overtime very often? 是否要经常加班?Would there be any opportunities to work abroad in the future? 将来有机会到国外工作吗?
Dialogue 1
A: Could you do me a favor and proofread my resume before I send it out to the human recources department?
A: 我把简历寄给人力资源部之前,你能帮忙校对一下吗?
B: Sure, let me take a look... Personal Information, Education, Experience, Training... I think you should add another section for language. You speak three languages, so you might as well put that on your resume.
B:当然可以, 让我看看……个人信息、教育、经历、培训……我认为你应该把这一项再加上。你会讲三种语言,所以最好把这些写进简历。
A: But languages dont have anything to do with engineering. Shouldnt everything I put on my resume have something to do with my field?
A: 可是语言与工程技术没什么关系。我写进简历的东西不一定都与我的研究领域相关吧?
B: Not necessarily. I think people would be impressed by your language abilities. It says something about your level of intellect and experience. Also, I think human resources directors want to see more of a well-rounded person in a resume.
B: 不一定。我想人们会对你的语言能力留下深刻的印象。这能说明你的智商水平和经历。而且,我认为人力资源部门的领导希望从简历中更多地了解一下一个更全面发展的人才。
A: Its just a piece of paper, you think that they can tell if I am a well-rounded person by looking at it?
A: 这只不过是一张纸,你认为他们看一下就能知道我是个全面发展的人才吗?
B: Well, youre right, the resume is limited in how much it can tell someone about a person. Thats why job interviews are important to let people know the real you that they cant see from a piece of paper. But resumes can be helpful in explaining things and giving a good impression to a potential employer.
B: 好了,你说的对,简历在说明一个人有多大能力方面确实是有限的。这也是为什么求职面试那么重要,它能让人们了解真实的你,这是他们从纸上无法看出来的。可是简历在说明一些情况方面还是有帮助的,而且能给你未来的老板留下良好印象。
Dialogue 2
A: Lets review the CVs we received last week for our vacancy in the financial department. What have you got?
A: 我们来看一下我们上个星期收到的应聘财务部门空职的履历。你们有什么收获?
B: Take a look at this one... Experience, three years in accounting for a large marketing firm, before that she worked entry level in banking management. Looks pretty impressive. What do you think?
B: 看一下这份简历……经历方面:在一家大的销售公司做过三年的会计,此前在银行管理部门做过初级职位。看起来很不错。你们怎么看?
A: Her education background is also quite outstanding. She graduated with her Bachelors degree from Harvard in Finance, later got a masters degree from Stanford. Looking just at that, Id say shes qualified.
A:她的教育背景也相当不错。她本科毕业于哈佛大学的金融专业,获得学士学位,后来在斯坦福大学获得硕士学位。仅仅看这一项,我就认为她是合格入选。
B: Maybe a little overqualified... She might have higher salary expectations. Also, she hasnt listed any personal information. We dont know her marital status, whether or not she has children. Why, she didnt even put her birth date on the CV! No picture either...
B: 也许她的资历有点儿太高了……说不定她对工资的期望也会很高。而且她也没有列出任何个人信息。我们不清楚她的婚姻状况,也不知道她是否有孩子。哎呀,她连出生日期也没写在履历上!也没有照片……
A: Oh, didnt you know? Shes an American. Generally Americans will not put those types of personal statistics on their CVs. Thats the difference between a CV and a resume.
A: 奥,你不知道吗?她是个美国人。一般来说,美国人不愿把这些个人数据写在履历上。这是履历和简历的区别。
B: Why dont they put those vital statistics on their resumes?
B: 他们为什么不把这些重要的数据写进自己的履历?
A: Because America has many laws to ensure equality and prevent discrimination, Americans are not required or even expected to put information of such a personal nature on their resumes. The purpose is to prevent discrimination in hiring based on age, gender, or marital status.
A: 因为美国有很多确保平等、防止歧视的法律,所以美国人不要求或者甚至不期望应聘者把这样的个人信息写进简历。其目的是防止在招聘时出现歧视年龄、性别或婚姻状况的情况。
B: Oh, I didnt know that.
B: 奥,我不知道这些。
A: An American employer would never even ask for a photo on a resume.
A: 美国的老板也永远不会要求简历上的照片
: Tell me about yourself.
A: I was born and raised in Beijing. I attended Peking University and received my bachelor抯 degree in Economics. I have worked for 2 years as a financial consultant in Beijing for China Pacific Insurance Co. Ltd. I enjoy playing tennis in my free time and learning foreign languages.
I: What type of position are you looking for?
A: I抦 looking for a position in which I can utilize my experience.
I: Are you interested in a full-time or part-time position?
A: I am more interested in a full-time position. However, I would also consider a part-time position.
I: Can you tell me about your responsibilities at your last job?
A: I advised customers on financial matters. After I consulted the customer, I completed a customer inquiry form and catalogued the information in our database. I then collaborated with colleagues to prepare the best possible package for the client. The clients were then presented with a summarized report on their financial activities that I formulated on a quarterly basis.
I: What is your greatest strength?
A: I am an excellent communicator. People trust me and come to me for advice. One afternoon, my colleague was involved with a troublesome customer who felt he was not being served well. I made the customer a cup of coffee and invited both my colleague and the client to my desk where we solved the problem together.
I: What is your greatest weakness?
A: I tend to spend too much time making sure the customer is satisfied. However, I began setting time-limits for myself.
I: Why do you want to work for our company?
A: After following your firm抯 progress for the last 3 years, I am convinced that your company is becoming one of the market leaders and I would like to be a part of that team.
I: When can you begin?
A: Immediately.
IDialogue 2
I: Please tell me something about your insurance background.
A: I majored in international banking at college so I took many insurance courses. And I worked at an insurance company for my graduation field work.
I: Why do you want to be an insurance agent?
A: I care about people and I know the importance of insurance.
I: Do you have any work experience in promotion?
A: Yes, I do. I have worked as a salesman for P&G Company Ltd.
I: Do people respond well to you?
A: Yes, I抦 good with people.
A: 有,我在宝洁公司做过促销员。
I: 别人对你的评价好吗?
A: 我和大家相处很好。
consulant 顾问,咨询者 utilize 利用
catalogue 按目录分类 package 一揽子交易
troublesome 棘手的,麻烦的 promotion 促销
主要的保险品种有:automobile insurance(汽车保险)、life insurance(人寿保险)、health insurance(健康保险)、business insurance(商业保险)和travel insurance(旅游保险)。
1) I have worked for 2 years as a financial consultant for
China Pacific Insurance Co. Ltd.
Ping An Insurance Company of China
The People抯 Insurance Company of China
我为 中国太平洋保险公司 作了两年的金融顾问。
中国平安保险公司
中国人民保险公司
E:What kind of work experience do you have?
你有什么样的工作经历?
A:After graduation.I have been working at the Personnel Department of DDD company.
我毕业后就在DDD公司的人事部工作。
E:As a telecommunication apparatus company DDD Company is very different from our trade company.
DDD公司是一家电讯器材公司,与我们公司的贸易公司有很大区别。
A:But I deal with people there,the same as what I should do here.
但是在那里我是分管人事工作的,这一点与我将在这里工作一样。
E:You are right.Why are you interested in working in personnel department?
你是对的,你为什么喜欢在人事工作?
A:I am good with people and have excellent communication skills.
我很受人欢迎并且有很出色的交际能力。
E:Do you consider it a rewarding job?
你认为这是一项很有意义的工作吗?
A:Very much so.
我认为它非常有意义
展开阅读全文